ASSALAMUALAIKUM :)Today, I want to write about japanese amurice recipe, what is omurice? Omurice is a savory sweet chicken fried rice topped with an omelette. Nyummm!
Enough for the talking, let's go for the ingredients..
1) 100g chicken breast
2) 1/2 onion (diced)
3) 200g rice
4) 2 tbsp ketchup
5) 1 tsp sugar
6) 4g consomme powder (pati ayam)
7) 100ml water
Method:1) Add butter or olive oil in the pan, add onion and chicken breast. Stir until those diced onion change into golden form and add consomme powder (serbuk pati ayam), sugar, ketchup (sos tomato) and stir until it dry.
2) While stir, add some salt and pepper so that it will give a nice salty taste. Then, add the rice and stir it well until blended. Don't forget to taste and add more salt or black pepper if needed.
3) Next, we make the omelette. We need 2 eggs, 1 tbsp milk and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and heat the pan and add butter.
4) Pour the mix eggs into the pan, make sure you shake the pan until the eggs form in circle so that it is easier to fold the omelette after we add the fried rice at the centre.
5) Lastly, turn off the heat and place the fried rice at the centre of the omelette and fold it nicely. You can also write something on top of it. Use ketchup. Done! easy isn't it?
To be honest guys, I have tried it at home. The result was delicious! that is why I wanted to share this recipe with you guys out there who desperately and wanting to seek for a delicious recipe for making the 'omu-rice'. Especially for those who love the japanese culture, sushi, and japanese food! (like me). Okay, that is all for today! Have a nice japanese omu-rice at home and eat it while it still hot. Wink wink ~ sayonara!! (>_0) ~